Register for Council Tax

If you are moving into Kensington and Chelsea

You will need to tell us the following:

  • your current address, including postcode
  • your new Kensington and Chelsea address, including postcode
  • your moving in date
  • your completion date (for home owners)
  • your tenancy agreement start date (for tenants)
  • whether the property will be empty/unoccupied
  • contact details of your solicitor or landlord (if known)
  • how you will pay your Council Tax
  • the name and forwarding address of the previous occupant(s) (if known)

Note: Please choose the form that is more suitable for you. If you have just moved into the borough you will need to complete the “Moving into Kensington and Chelsea” form. If you have moved from a different address within the borough, you will need to complete the “Moving out and within Kensington and Chelsea” form.

Note: If you are a student, please look at our Discounts, reductions and exemptions section to see how you can apply for help with your council tax.  

Before you start:

Your personal information provided on this form will be used in accordance with the Council's Fair Processing Notice

The online form will generally take you between 3-5 minutes to complete. If you need to go back to a previous page, please use the "Previous" button within the form as the web browser’s “Back” button may not work. By selecting the "Submit" button at the end of the form you are confirming that the information you have provided is accurate, to the best of your knowledge.

What happens next:

We aim to issue you with your bill within 10 days of the start of your account or notification (if you are moving in at a future date).

Let us know you're moving into Kensington and Chelsea


Last updated: 25 June 2024