A number of exciting competitions are set to launch throughout the summer with plenty of prizes up for grabs, as part of the Council’s new Summer of Love (SoL) campaign.
The new initiative aims to welcome people back onto Kensington and Chelsea’s high streets and showcase what local businesses, parks, markets, cultural organisations and more have to offer.
Local businesses have teamed up with the Council to offer a host of fantastic prizes to some lucky individuals.
The first prize won was a luxurious overnight stay and breakfast for two at the London Marriot Hotel Kensington with brunch for two at the the Cast Iron Bar and Grill going to the runner up in our photo competition.
Launching on Thursday 19 August, the final competition of the summer features a prize draw with a massive five prizes up for grabs for five lucky winners:
- A two-course dinner and bottle of wine at Cast Iron Bar and Grill
- A three-course dinner for two at the Romulo Café
- A box of bakery treats from Romulo Café
- Dinner for two at the Copthorne Tara Hotel
- Prosecco for two at the Copthorne Tara Hotel
- The Pink Tea café are offering box of their delicious baklava alongside their China Pink Tropics tea.
The best part is entry to the competition is completely FREE, all people need to do is:
- Post a photo or selfie with our beautiful flower wall at the junction of Exhibition Road and Thurloe Street on either Twitter, Instagram or Facebook
- Tag the Council
- Include hashtags #OurRBKC and #KCSummerofLove
Instagrammers can also add a SoL themed sticker into their stories by searching for @rbkc.
This competition is for those aged 18+ only and closes on Thursday 3 September at 23.59.
The Council's Wildlife Bingo competition is ongoing and will see one lucky winner given a free family ticket to the borough’s own Museum of Brands. To enter you’ll need to download or print out our new Wildlife Bingo sheet to help you explore Holland Park and discover the plants and animals that live there. Then just post a photo of the wonderful wildlife you have discovered, on either Twitter, Instagram or Facebook, tag the Council and Museum of Brands @MuseumofBrands, with hashtags #OurRBKC and #KCSummerofLove.
Local businesses are also offering exclusive discounts as part of the Summer of Love campaign:
- The Copthorne Tara Hotel is offering a special rate of £75.00 on all double rooms and breakfast booked until 31 August 2021 as part of the Summer of Love campaign. Visit the website to book and add use promo code KBFOR at the checkout to access the special rate, inclusive of VAT.
- The Romulo Café will be offering 50 per cent discounts during the month of July 2021 on all purchases up to £10 - offer valid from Tuesday to Thurs day (5pm to 9:30pm) quote Summer of Love.
- The Japan House shop will be offering a 10 per cent discount on matcha affogato drinks from 17 July 2021, quote Summer of Love at the checkout.
- The Saint James Backpacking Hostel are offering a 10 per cent discount on accommodation with the voucher code ‘LoveSaintJames’ when booking via their website. Visit the St James Backpacking Hostel website to make a booking.
If your business is running a special event or promotion over the summer, get in touch with us email@example.com.
There will plenty to do for everyone across the summer, check out the Summer of Love virtual timetable which is jam-packed with activities to suit all ages and interests.
- Competition T&Cs’
K&C Summer of Love photo competition
Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before you submit a picture to be considered for the competition.
About the candidates
Anyone is eligible to enter competition. Members of The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea (RBKC) staff (either permanent or temporary, current or former), interns, contractors and/or sponsors may participate, but are not eligible to win. The candidates must follow the photo competition rules to be eligible to win.
Technical specifications for submitted photos
The photo(s) must be posted as a high-resolution JPEG (as high as your camera will allow). The photo must not contain violence, profanity, sex or direct attacks on individuals or organisations. Any entries deemed offensive will be immediately disqualified.
The photo must be an original creation - no copyrighted images may be used.
The participant must certify and warrant that the submitted photo(s) does not violate the rights of a third party or any copyright. RBKC is not responsible for intellectual property violations that might have resulted through the submissions of photos.
Judging and notification of selected photographers
After the competition closes at 23.59 on 3 September 2021 (GMT), qualifying photos will be judged on adherence to the competition challenge through its message clarity, composition and overall presentation. RBKC will appoint a panel to judge the entries. The panel’s decision is final. Any attempt by a participant to influence the result or subvert the photo competition will lead to immediate disqualification.
The selected will be announced in October 2021 and the applicants will be notified via Instagram, Twitter or Facebook where the entry was made.
If an entrant is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, RBKC reserves the right to offer the prize to the next best entry.
Rights and ownership
By submitting their photos to RBKC, participants agree to grant RBKC a royalty-free, non-exclusive and irrevocable license to reproduce, publish or otherwise use, and authorise others to use the photo in any manner and media, including, but not limited to the right to, adapt, distribute, copy, display or translate in printed or electronic media even if they are not the winning entries.
Participants may be asked to take part in publicity activities.
RBKC reserves the right to modify or cancel the competition or any of the arrangements, schedules, plans or other items directly or indirectly related to the contest, at any time and for any reason if deemed necessary.
The personal information provided to RBKC by the participants shall only be used for the purposes of this contest including publication of the winner’s name. Personal information may include the full name and social media handle of the participant.
RBKC, as provided by the businesses involved will be providing the following:
• A two-course dinner and bottle of wine at Cast Iron Bar and Grill
• A three-course dinner for two at the Romulo Café
• A box of bakery treats from Romulo Café
• Dinner for two at the Copthorne Tara Hotel
• Prosecco for two at the Copthorne Tara Hotel
The competition will launch on Thursday 19 August 2021 and will be live until Thursday 30 September 2021. Applicants must be aged 18 or over to enter.
Participation in the contest, including being selected as the photo challenge winner in no manner constitutes an endorsement or support by RBKC of the candidates’ views or aims or of any products or services. Candidates shall not advertise or otherwise claim to have obtained any such endorsement or support. The RBKC name and logo are the property of RBKC and should not be used in any manner whatsoever without the prior consent of RBKC.
RBKC must approve in writing any statement, advertisement, press release or similar communication in any media as to the contents thereof and the manner of its presentation and publication, relating to candidate’s participation in the competition.