Nucleus Legal Advice
Local advice centre with specialist debt counsellors and money advisers.
- contact by phone on 020 7373 4005
- visit the Nucleus website
- Community groups can refer local people for help using the online form form.
- Self-refer using the online enquiry form.
- Use the debt advice line by calling 020 3727 9300
If you are finding it difficult to manage financially, there are a number of organisations that may be able to help you with essential items. Visit the Help and Advice pages for more information.
Advice UK is a UK network of advice and information agencies.
- contact by phone on 020 7469 5700
- or visit the Advice UK website
StepChange is a charity helping people who are in debt through free, independent information and advice.
- contact by phone on 0800 138 1111
- or visit the StepChange website
Shelter offers free confidential advice on housing, debt and welfare benefits.
- contact the housing advice helpline on 0808 800 4444
- or visit Shelter's website
Payplan provides a free debt management service to people with debt problems.
- contact by phone on 0800 716 239
- or visit Payplan's website
Money Advice Service
This is an independent advice service set up by Government.
- contact by phone on 0300 500 5000
- or visit the Money Advice Service website
Citizens Advice offers information on a wide range of issues including money and debt.
- contact by phone on 0844 826 9708
- visit the Citizens Advice website for online advice and details of local services in the borough
The National Debtline is a national telephone helpline for people with debt problems in England, Scotland and Wales. The service is free, confidential and independent.
- contact by phone on 0808 808 4000
- or visit the National Debtline website
Last updated: 29 June 2022