Every week we update residents on the number of confirmed cases of Coronavirus in the borough. The latest figures (23 to 29 December) show there were 1,635 cases. This is a decrease on last week's figure (16 to 22 December) which showed 3,057 cases.
The rate per 100,000 for the period 18 to 24 Dec for Kensington and Chelsea was 1,849.4 per 100,000. The rate for London over the same period is 1,986.4 per 100,000 and for England is 1,258.1 per 100,000. The rate per 100,000 figures are available weekly for a seven day period.
The situation in Kensington and Chelsea is currently seeing an increase in cases, we need residents to carry on following the Government’s advice.
The most important thing we can all do to prevent the spread of the virus is to continue to stay at home. Where we need to leave home, please remember the basics:
- Wash your hands more often than usual for 20 seconds, especially as soon as you get home
- If you can, cover your mouth and nose when in places where it’s hard to stay away from other people you do not normally meet
- Keep your distance - stay at least 2 metres (3 steps) away from anyone in enclosed spaces if you can
- Fresh air - when outside the virus disperses more quickly
- Please visit GOV.UK to find out what you can and cannot do.
Also remember that if you have Coronavirus symptoms you should self-isolate and get a test as soon as possible.