The next Full Council Meeting
The next Full Council Meeting with public speaking will be held on Wednesday 20 July 2022. There will be no open registration on this occasion as the speaking session has been set aside to hear specifically from young people who live, work or study in the Borough. The next Council meeting at which there will be a public speaking session with open registration will be the Council meeting on Wednesday 12 October 2022.
Full Council meetings opened for public participation – have your say!
This is your Council. To make sure Councillors are in touch with what matters to local people, we need to hear from you. You may want to consider speaking at the Full Council meeting to share your thoughts, ideas, and experiences or to ask a question.
In normal circumstances ordinary Council Meetings start at 6.30pm and at the start of each meeting up to 60 minutes will be set aside for up to 8 questions to be asked and answered on the night.
Here’s what to do if you’d like to speak at a Full Council meeting
The registration process to attend in person or submit a question to be read out on your behalf for the Wednesday 12 October 2022 meeting will open on Wednesday 28 September 2022 at 10am via Eventbrite for those that live, work or go to school in the Borough. You will need to register in advance and, choose the option of either:
(A) have your question or point read on your behalf by the Mayor, before being addressed by Councillors; or
(B) attending the meeting in person to read out your question or the point you wish to raise.
Before you register please note that:
- Registration either to speak in person or to have your question read out will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis and no more than eight valid registrations will be accepted. It will not be possible to register to speak once the registration period has closed, even if fewer than eight valid registrations have been received.
- All those who register successfully will need to choose between options (A) and (B) above. Please select the option you want at the time of registration and include your question or the point you wish to make in no more than 120 words.
- The question or representation needs to come from the named person on the registration form. You cannot reserve/give your question to another individual.
- There will be no opportunity, should you choose to address the meeting in person, to ask a supplementary question, and we’ll expect you to leave the meeting once the public speaking session has ended.
- All registered speakers attending in person will need to confirm their attendance via the reminder email received 48 hours before the meeting. Individuals who do not confirm will forfeit their speaking slot.
- If a speaker fails to attend on the evening, the space will not be reallocated.
- If you need to cancel your question/ticket, please follow the instructions on Eventbrite telling you how to do this.
- You will receive an automatic email confirmation from Eventbrite when you have successfully submitted your registration.
- Please note that you have 15 minutes to complete your registration for your ticket to be processed.
How to watch the meeting?
In normal circumstances Council meetings are filmed and broadcast live on our Council Meeting Webcasts page.
Further information and feedback
We value what you have to say about the process for speaking at Full Council meetings, and we encourage you to let us know what is working well and what we can do to improve. Please email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org