Local Support Payments

We can also consider store vouchers for food, please note there is no automatic entitlement, we are a discretionary scheme and base our decision on every individual case.   

You can only claim for a Local Support Payment if you:

  • Are claiming a qualifying benefit*, or about to claim one because you are leaving care or an institution such as hospital or prison
  • Live in Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea or Westminster, or have been housed elsewhere by one of these boroughs, by Temporary Accommodation.
  • Do not have too much in savings and have had an event or crisis. As a rule, we can only consider two awards/crisis events in any 12 months.

How to apply

If you think that you may be entitled to a payment, you can apply online for a Local Support Payment for:

Kensington and Chelsea


Hammersmith & Fulham




The Local Support Payment phone line is open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Outside of these hours, you can apply online using the above forms.

* Income Support, Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Pension credit, Incapacity Benefit, Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment, Attendance Allowance, maximum Universal Credit (where the latest award has not been reduced by earnings or other income).

If you do not qualify for a Local Support Payment, we have compiled a list of other help and advice services.

Last updated: 1 July 2022