Discretionary Housing Payments

Discretionary Housing Payment can help if you are struggling to pay your rent.

You must live in Kensington and Chelsea to apply for it.

To get a discretionary payment towards your rent you must either:

  • be entitled to some Housing Benefit from us or
  • be getting Universal Credit that includes something towards your housing costs.

There is limited funds and we will look at each case on its merits to decide if you need extra support.

Apply forDiscretionary Housing Payments

Only complete this form if you are on Housing Benefit


If you are on Universal Credit:

Download and complete this application form:

For a paper application form, please call us on 020 7361 3006.

If you are a council tenant or have been placed in temporary accommodation by the council and are having problems paying your rent, you can access advice and support from the Housing and Employment Team on 020 7361 2070 or email housingandemployment@rbkc.gov.uk between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

If you are a council tenant and are experiencing difficulties with paying your rent, you can also contact the Rent Income Team on 0800 137 111 or 020 3617 7080 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Last updated: 1 July 2022