Register for a MyRBKC account
MyRBKC is an account which enables you to view your council tax, housing and council tax benefit in one place.
After you have registered your details you will also be able to set up email notifications for planning applications and notifications about works in your area.
How to register for a MyRBKC account
Complete the MyRBKC registration form. The form will take you less than 5 minutes to complete and you must submit the form within 30 minutes of starting the registration process. After you have completed the form you need to validate your email address to activate your account.
To register you will need to:
- 1. Read and accept the terms and conditions
Read our Fair Processing Notice for details about the information we collect, the purpose for processing, categories of personal information and who we may share it with.
- 2. Enter your personal details
We will ask for your Title, Full name, Address and Telephone number.
- 3. Create a username and password
Your email address will be your username for the account. Your password must be at least 10 characters long and include at least 1 UPPERCASE, 1 lowercase, 1 number, 1 special character.
Activating your account
To activate your account you need to:
- 4. Check your email and validate your email address
After you have completed the registration form you will receive an email asking you to validate your email address. To do this click on the 'Validate my email address' link in the email to complete the registration process. Please check your junk or spam folders if you have not received an email. You will then be able to sign in to your account.
When you're ready to open a MyRBKC account click or tap the 'Start now' button to continue.
After you have registered
To view your Council Tax or Housing Benefit details online you will need to link your Council Tax or Housing Benefit account to your MyRBKC account. You will only need to do this once.
- How to link your accounts
1. Sign in to MyRBKC
2. Choose Council Tax and Housing Benefits
3. Select the account you would like to link to and follow the on-screen instructions to link your accounts.
- MyRBKC features and benefits
- Report and follow a request through its journey to being resolved
- Provide updates to officers as your case is being managed and view a history of your reports
- View your council tax account statement, housing benefit or council tax reduction entitlement
- Sign up to paperless billing for council tax and/or e-notifications for housing benefits and/or council tax reduction
- Get pro-active alerts for example, sign up to Direct Debit, review recovery information
- See what you have paid and when
- Access council tax online forms for example, apply for discounts or exemption
- Download or print a bill as at today’s date to prove residency
- See when your next housing benefit and/or council tax reduction payment is due
- Residents can register for email notifications iro Planning, streetworks, Suspension, Licencing, Key decisions
Last updated: 18 March 2022